st: select a random obs from dataset

From   "Akihito Tokuhara" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: select a random obs from dataset
Date   Wed, 17 May 2006 08:54:33 -0500

Dear all,

My colleague wants to know how to select a random obs with some conditions from her dataset.
She wants to select one person randomly per household, but also with condition that there is
no repetition of household (no household should appear twice in the outcome, although the
person is different).

I don't know the method and I don't know if this can be done by Stata or not. If there is a way, or some suggestions, I would appreciate very much. Many thanks in advance.

Akihito

Don�t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/

*
* For searches and help try: