st: RE: RE: Plots: save, log, ...

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Plots: save, log, ...
Date   Tue, 16 May 2006 00:20:09 +0100

Sorry, but you have lost me.

Unless what you want is this:

one big file that in some way keeps all
the graph files in a session, just as a .log
file can store all the results displayed in a session.

There is no such thing. (You can use your operating
system or a text editor or a scripting language
to produce such a file by concatenation, but it
won't help, as you will just have to unpack it
all again before Stata can make sense of it.)

A log file can include anything.

The same does not apply to a graph file.

A graph file at root contains Stata code to draw one graph.
That graph can be a composite, but that's it.

MA V