Re: st: Reading Statalist efficiently

From   "Ada Ma" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Reading Statalist efficiently
Date   Sun, 7 May 2006 02:28:11 +0100

I use Gmail to receive and write to Statalist.  It searches through
messsages very quickly.  You can tag and starred your emails - doesn't
sound too exciting although I think you would grow to love these
functions once you start to use them.  Plus it threads most emails at
most times (not that it would catch all replies to the email, but it
catches most, which is sufficient at most times).

To sign up for a Gmail account you need an invitation from your
friends.  If your friends aren't into Gmail you (and anyone on
Statalist) can email me offlist and I'll send you an invite.

Cheers,
Ada

On 5/6/06, Phil Schumm <[email protected]> wrote:
On May 5, 2006, at 8:33 AM, Joly, Patrick: IASSB wrote:
> Like Nick, sorting by subject line is the closest way I have found
> to arrive at some ability to sort by thread.  (I use Outlook 2003
> on Windows, and Kontact on MandrivaLinux.)

I haven't used Outlook myself, but in an earlier posting in this
thread, David Harrison said:

> MS Outlook 2003 can also do threading (although it calls it
> "Arrange by conversation" just to make it harder to find).

WRT Kontact, I assume what you mean is that you use KMail (Kontact's
mail component).  I know that KMail has a nice threading
implementation, using the In-Reply-To and References headers when
available, and when not, defaulting to the subject headers.

-- Phil

Ada Ma
Research Fellow
Health Economics Research Unit