st: Reading Statalist efficiently

From   "Campbell, Richard T." <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Reading Statalist efficiently
Date   Wed, 3 May 2006 08:28:04 -0500 (CDT)

Like many readers, I get Statalist in digest form. This
morning's list contains more than 50 messages. Some of those
messages are of more interest to me than others and it would
be nice if I could simply jump to those I want to read and
ignore the rest. Even better, I would like to be able to read
those threads that I want to read. I can do this, I know,
by going to the archives, but I am, frankly, lazy. I thought
that the RSS system might solve this problem but, like other
readers, I have been mystified by it and after a couple
encounters in which I found the RSS feed incomplete I gave up
on it.

I have learned an enormous amount from Statalist and read it
with morning coffee almost every day. I would continue to do so
even if it stayed as it is. But Phil Schumm's message this AM
refers to an email cliet "with a good interface." I have used
Eudora for years, and I suspect that it doesn't meet Phil's
requirements. But what does? Could there be an FAQ entry that
tells us more about how to use Statalist more efficiently? I
have read the current good advice posted there and find little
on this issue. More directly, although learning new email clients
attacts me about as much as undergoing a colonoscopy,
I would be willing to do so if someone could point me
in the right direction.

--
Richrd T. Campbell
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics