RE: st: simple question: generating variables using the if / or command

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: simple question: generating variables using the if / or command
Date   Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:36:18 +0100

I am pleased that you solved your problem.

Please note for future postings that a report of
"not working" is not itself informative. Usually, all
we can suggest is that you were doing something wrong,
which you knew already.

The FAQ advises

"Say exactly what you typed and exactly what Stata typed
(or did) in response. N.B. exactly! If you can, reproduce
the error with one of Stata's provided datasets or a simple
concocted dataset that you include in your posting."

Gauri Khanna