st: RE: RE: Re: Lorenz curve graph options: can't get legend to work

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Re: Lorenz curve graph options: can't get legend to work
Date   Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:05:08 +0100

Well, many hands are involved here, and who to "blame"
is an open question.

As the help for -glcurve- documents, I had a hand
in its last revision, and it may well have been
me who wrote that line, as I tend to code using
-legend(order())- and not -legend(label() label() ... )-.

Then Philippe and Stephen Jenkins are the authors,
so there they are.

Then there is whoever wrote that line in the manual.
Writing stuff like "considered better style" is
great fun when you are producing documentation.
I've done similar things myself, but who is thrusting their
prejudices upon us and quite what canons are being
invoked and why? Probably Vince Wiggins....

Talking of "blame" is facetious here, as you may
have gathered. Concretely, next time -glcurve-
is publicly revised, the point is probably worth a tweak
to the code or a comment in the help.

philippe van kerm