Re: st: RE: Capabilities of Stata 7

To   [email protected], <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Capabilities of Stata 7
Date   Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:12:34 -0500

At 12:32 PM 4/21/2006, Nick Cox wrote:
The capabilities of Stata 7 are listed in its
manuals. Therefore, you would need to locate
the individual or institution most accessible
to you still holding copies of those manuals.
It would be nice if StataCorp kept those old web pages around, although it doesn't surprise me that they don't. At least it keeps the FAQs for earlier versions.

One think Stata might consider doing: when a command has been radically changed, keep some documentation for the old version online. There are still programs that use old versions using version control. In particular I am thinking of the -ml- command, which got a major facelift around v. 6 I believe. I never owned v. 6 so I don't have old manuals to go back to, so trying to update old code for the latest version of ml can be a bit of a challenge.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]