st: RE: Creating panel data?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Creating panel data?
Date   Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:56:06 +0100

You need -reshape-. In succession, check
out the on-line help, the manual entry, and
FAQs on -reshape-, bailing out when you
have worked out what to do.

If your year variables were simply

foo1984-foo2000

then

reshape long foo, i(country) j(year)

would do fine.

If you can do it in Excel, whatever that
is, with the equivalent of a one-line
command, then do it that way if you prefer.

Ann Edith Helfman