st: New SSC package: -charlson-

From   "Vicki Stagg" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: New SSC package: -charlson-
Date   Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:47:02 -0600

Dear Stata Users,

With thanks to Kit Baum, I'd like to inform Statalist members of a new
package,
 -charlson-, now available from the SSC Archive.

To install the package, type

. ssc install charlson

-charlson- calculates the Charlson Index (CI) score, which reflects the
cumulative increase in likelihood of one-year mortality from comorbidities.
It also optionally summarizes the comorbidity category weights and/or the
actual frequency of the comorbidity categories from the newly-created
indicator variables. The latter are retained and can be saved along with the
input data, excepting in the case of multiple patient records, when only the
final record for each patient containing the calculated cumulative
presence/absence variables are kept.

The version of input data needs to be specified in the options:  ICD-9-CM,
Enhanced ICD-9-CM or ICD-10.

Please let me know of any problems/suggestions.

Thank you.
Vicki Stagg
Victoria Stagg, Statistical Programmer
Department of Community Health Sciences
Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary
3330 Hospital Dr. N.W.
Calgary, Alberta, CANADA T2N 4N1
Phone: (403) 220-7265  FAX: (403) 270-7307
"Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised;
And His greatness is unsearchable."
Psalm 145:3