st: RE: Can I get the dropped variable back?

From   "Maarten Buis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Can I get the dropped variable back?
Date   Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:33:59 +0200

Don't save the dataset. Close Stata. And open the dataset again. You will have lost all manipulations you have performed on your dataset since you have initially opened the dataset, including the -drop variable-. It is generally a good idea to do datamanagement in a do-file which creates a new dataset. That way you keep the original dataset, and if you made a mistake you usually have to change one or two lines in your do-file, run the do-file again and you are done. This saves a lot of time
HTH,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam