RE: st: RE: R�p. : st: RE: formatting and exporting ttest results

From   "Akihito Tokuhara" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: RE: R�p. : st: RE: formatting and exporting ttest results
Date   Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:03:54 -0500

Dear Ina,

As others have given advice on commands for t-test, my reply here is about how to export or
write out to a text *.txt file with user-made formats suitable for different objective, which I don't
know if that is what Ina's question is about. You can use the command -- file write -- like this:

-----------------
file open anyname using myresult.txt, write text append/replace;
file write anyname _newline _col(18) " <**>> stuffs here <<**> " _newline;
file write anyname _newline _col(4) " ** others ** " _newline;
file close anyname;

The command -- file write -- is like -- display --, and you have to test the output text file until you
get the format you want. I often have to use this to get the format I need for converting to
different forms of tables. Sometimes you may need to create temporary variables to save the
results for the writing out to text file. I am not sure if this is what Ina asked about. HTMH.

Akihito