Re: st: Tabout and frequency tables (second try)

Subject   Re: st: Tabout and frequency tables (second try)
Date   Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:25:16 -0400

Herv� --
Do you want something that looks like:

Repair |
Record |
  1978 |  Freq.    Percent    Car type |  Freq.     Percent
-------+-------------------- ----------+---------------------
     1 |      2       2.90    Domestic |     52       70.27
     2 |      8      11.59     Foreign |     22       29.73
     3 |     30      43.48   ----------+---------------------
     4 |     18      26.09       Total |     74      100.00
     5 |     11      15.94
-------+--------------------
 Total |     69     100.00

or do you want the rows to have some common meaning across tables
(e.g. aligning Foreign with 1 and Domestic with 0, so the z-axis, if
you will, has a physical interpretation of some kind)?

If you don't care so much about alignment, you could just
. tab var1, matcell(m1) matrow(r1)
. tab var2, matcell(m2) matrow(r2)
and then use a -file- command with row and col -forv- loops to write
out the matrices.  Formats, etc, could also be added inside the loops.
--Austin