Re: st: CFA using gllamm

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: CFA using gllamm
Date   Thu, 6 Apr 2006 16:30:24 -0500

well if you are not posting it, we don't even know what model you want
to fit! If that's a linear model, then first you need to -reshape-
your data so that each variable is now an observation within a block
corresponding to one unit:

g long ID = _n
reshape long x, i(ID)

Then you need to link your factors to your variables (which are now
observations):

bysort ID: g byte d1 = _n<6
by ID: g byte d2 = (_n>5) & (_n<11)
by ID: g byte d3 = _n > 10
g byte ones = 1

Now define your equations:

eq 101 : ones d1 d2 d3
eq 102 : ones d1 d2 d3
eq 103 : ones d1 d2 d3

Now you are ready to run -gllamm-:

gllamm x, i(id) eqs(101 102 103) nrf(3)

I think this should get you started, and my gut feeling would be it is
the syntax that's going to work for you. But no warranties; and it
won't give you the beloved fit indices, not even the overall chi2 fit;
you would need to construct the likelihood ratio from scratch.

Even though simple, this model may take a while for -gllamm- to figure
out. You might be better off writing your own likelihood program -- I
did that for my toy CFA with a single factor, and I will expand it
eventually to several factors, but it may take me a few months before
my research really calls for that.

--
Stas Kolenikov
http://stas.kolenikov.name