st: CFA using gllamm

From   "Diego Bassani" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: CFA using gllamm
Date   Thu, 6 Apr 2006 12:51:22 -0400

Hi all,

I have a scale composed of 15 variables (items in a 5-point likert scale) that correspond to 3 factors/domains. How do I run CFA using gllamm. Sophia, who developed gllamm, suggested it could be used for CFA in the statalist but was not specific and I am struggling to define the factors and run the analysis. I've read gllamm's manual, but still could not figure out how to do it.

My data:

Suppose the variable names are x1-x15 and the factors are f1 f2 and f3.

f1 corresponds to variables x1-x5
f2 corresponds to variables x6-x10
f2 corresponds to variables x11-x15

I tried using the eq syntax to define the factors (equations) using the following syntax:

eq f1: x1-x5
eq f2: x6-x10
eq f3: x11-x15

but where do I go from here? I'll not even post all my attempts.

Any ideas?

Diego

Diego G. Bassani, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
Health Systems Research & Consulting Unit
33 Russell Street, Tower - T308
Toronto, ON - M5S 2S1
[email protected]
http://www.camh.net/hsrcu