st: RE: RE: RE: RE: coefficients in factor analysis

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: RE: coefficients in factor analysis
Date   Thu, 6 Apr 2006 16:50:20 +0100

The statements in 2) represent common but
far from universal opinions. The distinction
between different kinds of factor analysis
and the idea that factors are best rotated
are both contentious.

It is not advice anyone usually wants to hear,
but I would advise any newcomer against any public use of factor
analysis until you have learned more about
some of the debates on these points and sampled
literature from more than one discipline or faction.

Diego Bassani