RE: st: graphing question

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: graphing question
Date   Wed, 5 Apr 2006 21:33:35 +0100

A possible tool for confidence interval plots is -eclplot-, downloadable
from SSC using the -ssc- command. This has a -plot()- option, allowing
users to label their confidence intervals with significance stars if
they wish to. As in:

gene stars=""
replace stars=stars+"*" if p<=0.05
replace stars=stars+"*" if p<=0.01
replace stars=stars+"*" if p<=0.001
eclplot estimate min95 max95 time, plot(scatter max95 time, msym(none)
mlab(stars))

Another tool, for plotting P-values, is -smileplot-, also downloadable
from SSC. In Stata, type -findit eclplot- and -findit smileplot- to find
more about these packages.

I hope this helps.

Roger

Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
POSTAL ADDRESS:
National Heart and Lung Institute at Imperial College London
St Mary's Campus
Norfolk Place
London W2 1PG
STREET ADDRESS:
National Heart and Lung Institute at Imperial College London
47 Praed Street
Paddington
London W1 1NR
TELEPHONE: (+44) 020 7594 0939