Re: st: table error

Subject   Re: st: table error
Date   Tue, 04 Apr 2006 00:52:43 -0500

At 11:34 PM 4/3/2006, Michael Hout wrote:
Dear Statalisters:

Running table with pweight gives a mysterious error message:

.table foreign [pw=weight], c(mean price sd price n price)
variable __000003 not found
r(111);

-Mike Hout
Sociology, Berkeley
PS
.table foreign [pw=weight], c(mean price sd price n price)
runs fine.
OK, I give up. What is the difference between the line that gives the error and the line that runs fine??? They look the same to me.

If you use aweights instead of pweights, it will run.

In the help for -table- it says

"sd (standard deviation) is not allowed with pweights."

So, it is just not giving you the right error message, i.e. it should have whined earlier than it did and explicitly said pw can't be used with sd.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]