st: RE: iv qreg

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: iv qreg
Date   Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:57:41 -0000

No idea on your specific question, sorry;

but your principle is unfortunately
the wrong way round. That is, there are not
many undocumented options to commands in Stata,
as you seem to be hoping here.

Undocumented options serve occasional purposes
as hooks for program writers to do things they
want to do on the quiet, or that they can't be
bothered to document.

That said, there would be very little
point to StataCorp adding major functionality
but then keeping quiet about it.

Zuluaga, Blanca