[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]
st: Re: Tomorrow morning?
On Mar 22, 2006, at 8:38 AM, elg wrote:
No worries--sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I left my
computer at NORC last night so I wasn't on email until just now.
We'll set up a time for whenever...
I'm sorry we missed each other this week. We are very excited about
our new website framework, the most important aspects of which are
1) Better (and easier) administration of users (e.g., users may
recover (securely) their passwords on their own if they forget them,
we will be able easily to designate certain areas of the site as
being accessible only by certain users or groups of users, etc.)
2) The ability to add events, to view them in a shared online
calendar, and to download them (in iCal or vCal format) for easy
importing in users' personal calendars
3) A simplified and enhanced bulletin board, making it possible to
modify (and even remove) items that have been previously uploaded
4) An easier (and more dependable) method for managing "official
documents" and related content
5) The ability to create workspaces easily which may then be used by
a particular group working on a particular project
6) Overall, a more professional-looking and capable user interface.
As I said, we are currently testing this new framework on our
development server and making a few final usability tweaks. We are
also figuring out the best way to migrate all of the content from the
current site to the new site. Although we shall ultimately replace
all of our current project sites, our plan is to do the NSHAP site
first. We've had a few unanticipated delays in the past couple weeks
(e.g., sickness, a couple of emergent issues related to other
projects), and next week is going to be a bear catching up. But
sometime during the week after that (April 3rd) we can set up a time
(perhaps on Wednesday that week?) to give you a brief demonstration.
The new site should then be ready shortly thereafter.
* For searches and help try: