Re: st: RE: RE: RE: list subjects with a similar value

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: RE: list subjects with a similar value
Date   Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:29:18 +0000

Thanks for the plug. This was, and remains, a help file
-stylerules-, which you can download from SSC. It
went through various versions from Sept 1998 to April
2005. It bears the considerable impact of many comments
from Kit Baum, Bill Gould, Alan Riley and Vince Wiggins.

What's there was not originally intended for publication,
but that doesn't matter. It remains there for the sake
of anybody not an SJ subscriber and because the .hlp
format is one that is convenient for users. A detail to
note, however, is that the published version in the SJ
is an expansion of the help file. It is not my intention
to map any extra details back to the help file in the
near future. But no-one is missing very much, as I recall.

>>> Richard Williams

Stata Journal 5(4) had a very nice piece by Nick Cox entitled
"Suggestions on Stata programming style."  I believe Nick posted a
sort of pre-publication version of it on Statalist at one point, but
I don't recall exactly when it was or how the thread was labeled.