st: Job spell sortid

From   "A. Manzoni" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Job spell sortid
Date   Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:59:56 +0100

I have a file with the variables persnr, month, empl(dummy var for
employed/non employed), n_empl (indicating the order number of employment
spells)
jobchange(indicating the month in which there is a job to job change, which
is not recorded as employment spell, because an employment spell is defined
when there is a non employment spell in between two jobs, so in case one go
from a job to another job without going out of employment, I have only one
employment spell, but I want to have 2 job spells)

I want to create a n_job variable (see below), indicating the order number
of job spells. How can I do?

pid  month		empl  	n_empl	jobchange
n_job
1	1		1		1			.