st: RE: FW: zinb help

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: FW: zinb help
Date   Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:14:50 -0000

This refers to the exchange below.

The syntax diagram for -zinb-
makes it clear that independent variables
need not be specified: thus -zinb- may be
used to fit a distribution to a response
(dependent) variable alone.

So, again, do please read the help.

--------------------------- 28 February 2006
Stata offers many commands for these distributions
and others in the same territory.

Please use -help-, -search- and the manual before
sending such queries to the list.

> I have a dataset which looks like the one below
>
>            Individual 1      		individual 2
> Time  	count             	 count
> 1		0                   	  1
> 2		1				  0
> 3		0				  0
> 4		0				  0
> 5		3				  1
> 6		0                         0
> 7		1                         0
>
> Time represents months and count represents the occurance of
> an event. I
> understand that count might follow a  zero inflated poisson
> distribution or
> a negative binomial  distribution.
>
> Are there any stata command to check if the data fits these
> distributions?
> (just like we have the shapiro-wilk test for normality.).
>
> My objective is to see if there is any increase in the counts
> between say
> period1 (time 1 to 3) and period2 (time 4 to7) for each
> individual. And for
> all individuals taken together...

Rajesh Tharyan