st: RE: RE: macro expansion

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: macro expansion
Date   Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:02:18 -0000

I guess you are not telling us everything.

For example, if some of your code is executed
from the Command window and some from the
do-file editor, then the "program" (by courtesy)
in the editor cannot see the locals defined from
the Command window.

Remember: -local- means precisely that. Local macros
are only visible within the same program, meaning
a -program- defined as such, a do-file, code in
the do-file editor or the main session running
from the Command window.

(not a Professor!)

Sean Shu