st: RE: RE: summing up digits and comparing to a check digit

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: summing up digits and comparing to a check digit
Date   Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:00:25 -0000

The limitations of the -mod()- function
given fractional parts are indeed important.
FWIW, Tom Steichen and I wrote this up at

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/mod.html

I was presupposing manipulations of integers
only, as the context implies.

Richard Atkins