RE: st: Problems with Outreg not being able to open a file--r(603)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Problems with Outreg not being able to open a file--r(603)
Date   Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:44:04 -0000

The standard comment -- in a way, no comment --
is to underline that -outreg- is not being
supported or maintained by its author, who
is no longer active in the Stata community.
Or so it seems. We hope he is alive and
well and enjoying himself somewhere!

That doesn't rule out support by keen users,
but it does underline the incentive to
switch allegiance to -estout- or -outreg2-,
both of which have authors who are active
in the Stata community. As you are using
Stata 9.1, this is not ruled out by Stata
version.

I don't use any of these programs, and
-outreg- is sufficiently large and
complicated to discourage the idea of a quick glance
at the code.

Joe McCrary