Statalist The Stata Listserver

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]

RE: st: Problem with a ado file

From   "Nuno Soares" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Problem with a ado file
Date   Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:44:47 -0000

Thanks for all the help!!! The set trace option showed me where the problem
was! By the way, Austin was right regarding the xtile arguments (I found
this problem after the sending the message to the list).

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Austin Nichols
Sent: 11 March 2006 12:19
Subject: Re: st: Problem with a ado file

Svend's advice is excellent, and very general (though -set traced 2- or even
3 might be necessary sometimes, especially when running a program from
within a do-file).  In this case, I'd put my money on
   quietly replace `outputvar' == `_tempqt' if `_tempqt' ~=.
since replace takes x=y as an argument, not x==y.  The other general point
to make here is, to increase your probability of getting a good answer from
Statalist, include what you typed (in this case, the call to -qtex- along
with the output), preferably using a dataset that ships with Stata or is
easily available via -webuse-.

On 3/11/06, Svend Juul <> wrote:
> Nuno sent an ado-file (which I didn't try to understand); it gave an error
> invalid syntax
> r(197);
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Try
>    set trace on
>    set tracedepth 1
> and run the command again. Now you will se what the macros expanded to,
and that may give you a hint.
> Without -set tracedepth 1- you may get an overwhelming amount of output.

*   For searches and help try:

*   For searches and help try:

© Copyright 1996–2021 StataCorp LLC   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   What's new   |   Site index