RE: st: Problem with a ado file

From   "Nuno Soares" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Problem with a ado file
Date   Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:44:47 -0000

Thanks for all the help!!! The set trace option showed me where the problem
was! By the way, Austin was right regarding the xtile arguments (I found
this problem after the sending the message to the list).

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Austin Nichols
Sent: 11 March 2006 12:19
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Problem with a ado file

Svend's advice is excellent, and very general (though -set traced 2- or even
3 might be necessary sometimes, especially when running a program from
within a do-file).  In this case, I'd put my money on
   quietly replace `outputvar' == `_tempqt' if `_tempqt' ~=.
since replace takes x=y as an argument, not x==y.  The other general point
to make here is, to increase your probability of getting a good answer from
Statalist, include what you typed (in this case, the call to -qtex- along
with the output), preferably using a dataset that ships with Stata or is
easily available via -webuse-.