Re: st: Are you a Bayesians?

From   Ulrich Kohler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Are you a Bayesians?
Date   Thu, 9 Mar 2006 10:59:37 +0100

Paul Millar wrote:
> For those interested in MCMC and Bayesian techniques, your
> presentation looks very interesting.  I would love to get away to
> Mannheim, but can't.  I hope your presentation will be available
> through REPEC or some other venue.

Yes, it definitely will. Links to the proceedings of the upcoming meeting will
be at its place on

http://www.stata.com/meeting/proceedings.html

shortly thereafter.

Uli

> >People interested in this tread might also be interested in of the
> >presentations at the 4th German Stata' Users Group meeting, on March 31 in
> >Mannheim:
> >
> >Stata goes BUGS (via R)
> >Susumu Shikano, University of Mannheim
> >([email protected])
> >
> >Recently, Bayesian methods such as Markov chain Monte Carlo (MCMC)
> >techniques find an increasing use in the social sciences, with
> >(Win)BUGS being one of the most widely applied software for this
> >kind of analysis. Unfortunately, due to the absence of MCMC
> >techniques and any interfaces to WinBUGS or BUGS in Stata, Stata
> >users who apply MCMC techniques have to perform such painful tasks
> >as reformatting data by themselves. As a preliminary solution to
> >this problem, one can call another statistical software R from inside
> >Stata and use it as an interface to (Win)BUGS. This presentation
> >outlines this solution providing an exemplar analysis.
> >
> >As Stata developers are also present at the meeting, participants can
> > listen to their reactions as well.
> >
> >End of advertising section.
> >
> >Uli
+49 (030) 25491-361