st: RE: tables to include columns for observations that are not present

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: tables to include columns for observations that are not present
Date   Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:27:56 -0000

This can be tricky at the best of times. At worst,
you expect Stata to take account of data that it
doesn't have. How do you expect it to do that?

More positively, -tabcount- from SSC is one stab
at this problem. -groups- from the same source
is another.

There's a write-up at

SJ-3-4  pr0011  . . . . . . . .  Speaking Stata: Problems with tables, Part II
        Q4/03   SJ 3(4):420--439                                 (no commands)
        reviews three user-written commands (tabcount, makematrix,
        and groups) as different approaches to tabulation problems

Christopher W. Ryan, MD