st: RE: mijoin command

From   "David Harrison" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: mijoin command
Date   Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:05:48 -0000

I've never used -mijoin-, but I suggest you add a trailing "\" to your
folder name, as it appears to be looking for a filename stub (i.e. you
could name your files file1.dta, file2.dta etc) rather than just a
folder name.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
[email protected]
Sent: 21 February 2006 13:58
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: mijoin command

Hi. I am trying to use the mijoin command in stata 9. I'm running into
problems and was hoping that someone would have some ideas.

I have 5 imputed datasets (impext1.dta - impext5.dta) that I want to
combine.

My code is

mijoin E:\stata impt sets 622\impext, clear m(5)

I receive the following error message

file E:\stata impt sets 622\impext1.dta not found

All 5 datasets are in the "impext" folder. I copied and pasted the
address so I know the address is typed correctly. The files are the same
size, have the same variables, same number of observations, etc. I feel
like I must be missing something simple, but I don't have any ideas.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

melissa