st: RE: prchange

From   "Alexander Severinsen" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: prchange
Date   Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:17:03 +0100

Hi Andr�,

Do you mean with age as an independent variable, and not as a dependent? Assuming this you can use the delta command as an option in prchange to specify the amount of discrete change in the independent variable. The default is a 1-unit change.

I believe you can do what asked for this way:

mlogit y age
prchange age, x(age=20) uncentered delta(20) // from 20 to 40
prchange age, x(age=40) uncentered delta(20) // from 40 to 60

Options meaning:
Delta(20)=20 unit change in age
X(age=20)=specify the starting point of age = 20
Uncentered = the change should be computed starting at the base value as specified by the x(#) option.

Best wishes,
Alexander Severinsen