st: mfx ivprobit - ivoprobit

From   "Zuluaga, Blanca" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: mfx ivprobit - ivoprobit
Date   Thu, 9 Feb 2006 15:09:10 +0100

Dear subscribers

I would very much appreciate if one of you could help me to solve 2 problems I have:

1) when I ask Stata to compute marginal effects after ivprobit, it shows me the same values of the coefficients in the regression. According to the stata help, it is possible to calculate mfx after ivprobit, but when I asked for that it tells me "warning: predict() expression  unsuitable for standard-error calculation; option nose imposed"; and shows the coefficients as marginal effects.

2) is there any way to estimate an ORDERED probit model by using instrumental variables?

Thanks a lot in advance

Blanca Zuluaga
Public economics Research Group
K.U.Leuven +32 16326779