Re: st: RE: getting around tsset time variable integer restriction-Work with minutes???

From   Zachary Byron Singer <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: getting around tsset time variable integer restriction-Work with minutes???
Date   Tue, 7 Feb 2006 22:23:03 -0500 (EST)

The problem is not the units, it is the length of the series.  My series
has over 149,000 observations and tsset wants the time variable stored as
an integer, which limits me to a maximum of 65,000 observations since
integers cannot be smaller than -32767 or greater than 32740.  Simply
converting half hours to minutes doesn't solve the problem.  I need a way
to store my time variable as a long.

Zach