st: RE: RE: Re: Sargan test stat and pval

From   "McKenna, Timothy" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Re: Sargan test stat and pval
Date   Wed, 1 Feb 2006 16:29:57 -0500

Why is it set up like that?  The names of the returned results are one
of those things that isn't conceptually hard, but easy to forget.  This
is precisely the kind of info I would like to have in the online help,
similar to how the syntax (also easy to forget) is put into the online
help.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 4:22 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: Re: Sargan test stat and pval

This is not quite true. The official Stata standard is
to document returned results in the manual, not
the help file.

Kit Baum

> please note that -help ivreg2- (like all well-
> documented Stata routines) lists all of the dozens of return values
> that are available: e.g.

>     e(sargan)      Sargan statistic
>     e(sarganp)     p-value of Sargan statistic
>     e(sargandf)    dof of Sargan statistic = degree of
> overidentification = L-K

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged.  If you received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained herein.  Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail.

Thank you for your cooperation.