Re: st: RE: regression coefficients

From   <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: regression coefficients
Date   Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:57:57 -0500

Dear Peter,
        Thanks for your comment.

If I include both the dummy variables as defined in the previous mail, they get dropped due to multicollinearity. I tried creating another set of dummy variables as follows:

hvptb: 1 if ptb, 0 if anything else

hvinf: 1 if infection, 0 if anything

normal: 1 if normal, 0 if all else

WIth these dummy variables in the regression with robust standard errors model, the interactions with time are not significant ( the main effects are still significant).

However in the gllamm model ( family(gamma), log link, i(id) ), the main effects and interactions are not significant.

Hence, I tried fitting 2 models: one comparing just the normal and the ptb and the second comparing the normal and infection.

Thanks again,

Leny

Leny Mathew
Data Analyst