Re: st: Tobit and Cluster (was Marginal Effects after ivtobit)

From   "Alejandro Lopez-Feldman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Tobit and Cluster (was Marginal Effects after ivtobit)
Date   Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:01:50 -0800

Thanks for the clarification Brian.

I have an additional question why is the cluster option available for
ivtobit but not for tobit?  I know that if there is heteroskedasticity tobit
will produce estimators that are inconsistent and cluster only takes care of
the problem in the standard errors.  But what if I have say a panel of two
years and I am doing pooled tobit and I want to use cluster to account for
the fact that the observations are repeated twice? I think that will be an
instance where cluster in tobit is valid. So far I have been using intreg
which allows for cluster but it will be easier if tobit had that option.
Anyway, I was wondering why the option is not available for tobit but it is
for ivtobit.

Thanks,
Alejandro