st: meta-analysis and ROC

From   Andrei Malinovschi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: meta-analysis and ROC
Date   Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:07:52 -0800 (PST)

Dear Statalisters,

I am having a database where we are looking at
different symptoms (categorical variables) and
different diagnostic tests (continuous variables). The
data comes from several centers and we are trying a
meta-analysis approach because we can't pool the data
(due to differences between methods used in different
centers).

I would like to perform a meta-analysis on the ROC
curves and get the AUC for a specific test for all the
centers for one symptom (and then compare the AUCs for
different tests for that symptom). It appears that I
would need to do a SROC, is it right?. I couldn't find
a program to perform SROC in STATA and I am wondering
if there is an easy way to do that (the hard way would
be to use -somersd- package, but it looks complicated
to me and I was lost somewhere among vectors and
diagonal matrices)?

I welcome any comments regarding other approaches
(better ones or easier to perform) to answer my
question!

Thank you in advance!

With best regards,
Andrei