Re: st: dd some lines to a graph

From   "weiha" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: dd some lines to a graph
Date   Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:35:14 -0500

Thanks a lot for your advice, Dr. Cox. But how can I suppress the legend from these added lines? Plus, can I make the lines with the same linestyle?

HW

Sincerely,
Wei Ha
PhD Candidate in Public Policy
Harvard University
Fax: 1-801-605-1455

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 7:55 AM
Subject: RE: st: dd some lines to a graph

Setting -version- after doing something will never
affect a previous result.

Also, setting -version- in this case will just give
you old-style graphics, not a mix of old and new
behaviour.

. sysuse auto, clear

. scatter mpg weight  || scatteri 20 2000 40 2000 , recast(line)
                     || scatteri 20 4000 40 4000, recast(line)

shows one technique that may help.

weiha

Thanks Rose. I tried to set the version after drawing the
graph. It doesn't
work.  I can't set it earlier because the graphics command in
Stata 7.0 or
6.0 is not as good as Stata 8.2.
Anyone can save me?
Rose Medeiros

> -version #- sets Stata to interpret commands as it would
have in previous
> versions. Adding -version 7- or -version 6- to the top of
the ado files may fix the problem.
Haidong Wang

>>I want to add some lines to a graph. But the tricky part is that the
>>lines cannot extend across the entire length of the graph, but will
>>essentially only
>>half of the graph, so that they only map out something close to the
>>upper right quadrant of the graph.
>>
>>The idea is the same as grnote previously available.
Unfortunately the
>>user-written grnote command is not compatible with Stata
8.0 or 9.0. I
>>noticed that there was a similar question on the Statalist. I wonder
>>if some one has solved the same problem somehow in Stata
8.0. Thanks a lot!