RE: st: dd some lines to a graph

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: dd some lines to a graph
Date   Thu, 1 Dec 2005 12:55:30 -0000

Setting -version- after doing something will never
affect a previous result.

Also, setting -version- in this case will just give
you old-style graphics, not a mix of old and new
behaviour.

. sysuse auto, clear

. scatter mpg weight  || scatteri 20 2000 40 2000 , recast(line)
                      || scatteri 20 4000 40 4000, recast(line)

shows one technique that may help.

weiha

> Thanks Rose. I tried to set the version after drawing the
> graph. It doesn't
> work.  I can't set it earlier because the graphics command in
> Stata 7.0 or
> 6.0 is not as good as Stata 8.2.
> Anyone can save me?

Rose Medeiros

> > -version #- sets Stata to interpret commands as it would
> have in previous
> > versions. Adding -version 7- or -version 6- to the top of
> the ado files may fix the problem.

Haidong Wang