Re: st: RE: Timevarying IDs in a panel dataset

From   Seb Buechte <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Timevarying IDs in a panel dataset
Date   Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:26:49 +0100

Nick and Mark,

if the stock remains "physically" the same then the proposed solution
of Nick to generate a new and unique identifier for the stocks is help
with this problem. But, take a look at stock with id_now = 3 and
id_nextperiod = 2 and at the stock id_now = 2 and id_nextperiod = 2 it
looks to me as something that was different in "now" becomes the same
in "nextperiod". I feel like one might be running into some
statistical "issues" there.

Kind regards,
sebastian

- Seb F Buechte