st: RE: Variable list

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Variable list
Date   Mon, 7 Nov 2005 00:51:32 -0000

What you ask for is called a local macro in Stata and
is documented under

. help macro

and in [U] 18.3.1. For example,

. local myx "x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 x7 x8 x9 x10"
. regress y `myx'

However, depending on the order of your variables,

. regress y x1-x10

may be equivalent; when that it is true, this syntax
is in my view preferable.

Wanli Zhao