Re: st: fixed effects with robust standard errors

From   Robert Duval <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: fixed effects with robust standard errors
Date   Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:55:18 -0400

Hi Vivian,

If you want an estimate of the individual fixed effects use areg as
Mark rightly pointed out.

Otherwise if you're only interested in the effects of your independent
variables after controlling for individual FE then you don't need the
adjustment to the DOF if you run your regression on demeaned
variables.

In other words  transforming the data to  deviations from individual
means and then running the regress command doesn't "implicitly
estimates" the FEffects, it just differences them out... making your
estimator consistent. Hence no adjustment in the DOF needed.

Greetings to the AEM crowd,
Robert Duval