st: fixed effects with robust standard errors

From   "Vivian Hoffmann" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: fixed effects with robust standard errors
Date   Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:39:00 -0400 (EDT)

I am trying to do what Nick suggested in a posting a few years back (see
below), i.e. to estimate a fixed effects model with
heteroskedasticity-robust standard errors by transforming the data to
deviations from means and then running the regress command, with the
option robust specified.

However, I believe I need to correct the degrees of freedom for the number
of dummy variables this procedure implicitly estimates. Is it possible to
do this within the regress command; should I (not being an expert
programmer in the least) try to program it myself; or is there some other
way to change the degrees of freedom used?

Thanks very much,
Vivian