st: RE: From Weekly Data to Monthly Data

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: From Weekly Data to Monthly Data
Date   Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:19:16 +0100

Create a Stata monthly date using

gen date = mofd(dofw(yw(year,weeks)))

Also, note that

egen meanwhatever = mean(whatever), by(date)

and similar commands will automatically
adjust for number of weeks assigned to
each month and missing values.

Thomas Speidel