st: RE: vectored data?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: vectored data?
Date   Mon, 3 Oct 2005 13:52:46 +0100

Your data sound like three separate variables:

length
breadth
height

after which you can go

gen volume = length * breadth * height * _pi / 6

if you wish.

The fact that your variables hang together in a
strong sense is something you know, but there is neither need
nor possibility to tell Stata. All variables in Stata
are on the same footing, with no scope
for indicating links between them.

Stata has object-oriented programming. I guess you
don't need it at all for what you want.

A mouse, similarly, corresponds to one or more
observations (cases, records) in your dataset.

Steffen Hokland