st: Bootstrap model not converging

From   Martina Vidovic <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Bootstrap model not converging
Date   Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:56:30 -0700 (PDT)

I have a two stage model: random effects panel in the
first stage and a fixed effects panel in the second
stage with predicted probabilities from the first
stage. Both  models are unbalanced panels with
different number of observations in each stage. I run
a bootstrap in the second stage but get a message
"insufficient observations to compute bootstrap
standard errors
no results will be saved." The model does not
converge. The code works as I have used it with a
balanced panel. Is it possible that this is happening
because the data set contains all observations (some
are used in the first stage but may not be used in the
second stage do to missing values for some variables)?
Does anyone know how could I achieve convergence in
this case?

Martina Vidovic
Assistant Professor
Department of Economics