RE: st: weight option after syntax

From   "Jun Xu" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: weight option after syntax
Date   Sun, 25 Sep 2005 17:23:56 -0500

Sorry that I forgot to mention that I am using Stata 9.1.

Jun Xu
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Sociology
Indiana University at Bloomington

From: "Jun Xu" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: weight option after syntax
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 17:14:19 -0500

I think I must miss something important here. I am trying to write a command that simply invokes a stata command repeatedly and collect some eret information. The following is the very beginning part of it (also where the problem lies), and I am having problems with the [pw] option. I inserted display commands to check if I am getting macro's that I want. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot!

==========================
cap program drop mycmd
program mycmd, rclass byable(recall)
version 8.0
syntax namelist [if] [in] [pw]
gettoken subcmd namelist: namelist
gettoken lhs namelist: namelist
loc rhs "`namelist'"

di in r "`subcmd'"
di in r "`lhs'"
di in r "`rhs'"
di in r "`weight'"
di in r "`exp'"

end

============================

Everytime I launch the command by specifying weight option alone, I always get an error message. Note that lwg is a real variable name and I have a working data set in memory.

******
. mycmd this is another issue [pw=lwg]
[ invalid name
r(198);

end of do-file
r(198);
******

However, if I work off a real data set and specify if condition before [pw=lwg], everything works fine. Note here k5 is a real variable.

******
. mycmd this is another issue if k5==3 [pw=lwg]
this
is
another issue
pweight