Re: st: Newey-West

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Newey-West
Date   Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:20:38 +0100 (BST)

Andrea Molinari wrote:

> I am trying to estimate a fixed effects model with heteroscedasticity and
> serially correlated corrected standard errors. I am currently using
> -newey2- and including the fixed effects as dummies, but I thought that
> maybe STATA has a safer (as some of the dummies get dropped on the
way, > changing the interpretation of other dummies in the model) and
more
> efficient way (it takes me quite a while to estimate each specification).

[...]

You show no output, which hinders us from giving you any proper help. I
would suggest trying Baum/Schaffer/Stillman's -ivreg2- with the -bw(2)-,
-robust- and -small- options switched on and see what happens.

CLIVE NICHOLAS        |t: 0(044)7903 397793
Politics              |e: [email protected]
Newcastle University  |http://www.ncl.ac.uk/geps

Whereever you go and whatever you do, just remember this. No matter how
many like you, admire you, love you or adore you, the number of people
turning up to your funeral will be largely determined by local weather
conditions.