st: Poi's QUAIDS code

From   "Ryan D. Edwards" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Poi's QUAIDS code
Date   Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:43:27 -0400 (EDT)

Has anyone successfully tinkered with Brian Poi's QUAIDS code to change the number of commodities? ("help demand" if installed)

You obviously have to change the global NEQN, and the arguments passed to lnl_quaids.ado must expand or contract. These can be done in quaids.do. But it looks to me, and Brian suggested as much in SJ 2-4, that quaids_delta.do, which computes the covariance matrix, must also change. Based on what he wrote and the code, it's probably matrix `g'. But I'm not sure how that derives, so I have no idea how to proceed.

Ryan D. Edwards, Ph.D.
[email protected]
Postdoctoral Fellow in the Study of Aging, RAND Corporation
and Visiting Scientist, 2004-2005
Department of Population and International Health
Harvard School of Public Health

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/