RE: st: Data types, collapse & egen

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Data types, collapse & egen
Date   Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:50:38 +0100

-egen- as such does nothing about formats.

I have not scanned the code for all -egen- functions
to see if any sets a format, and I can't see a reason
why a user could not program an -egen- function to include
a default format and/or a -format()- option, but neither
is an issue with -total()-.

So long as no -egen- function does anything with
formats, you will get the default format for the
data type you produce, e.g. %10.0g for a double.

-collapse- does pay some attention to formats,
as examination of the code reveals.

Eric G. Wruck