Re: st: Re: Multinomial with Conditioning Variable unique to eachresponse?

From   Javier Miranda <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: Multinomial with Conditioning Variable unique to eachresponse?
Date   Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:25:26 -0400

Rafa,

Thank you very much. I think I understand.
Please do send that do file off the list if you can. I would love to look at it.

Best,
--Javi

R.E. De Hoyos wrote:

Javier,

You can model this using the -clogit- command.

Since the -mlogit- is a -clogit- where the parameters are allowed to differ across outcomes, you need to create dummy variables for each outcome and then interact them with the "characteristics of the individuals".

If you need an example, see:

http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/examples/greene/greene19.htm

I also have a do-file that I can send you off the list.

Best,
Rafa

----- Original Message ----- From: "Javier Miranda" <[email protected]>